Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fun & Foods



They look a little like piles of poop, but I swear they are amazing!

The most delicious cookies I have ever eaten in my life. Instead of making cookie dough, you end up with brownie batter and it makes a delicious pile of cookies!
I won't lie to you, these are a pain to make. Save your upper body strength till the last mixing stage cause a mixer is no match for this thick batter.

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup shortening
  • 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup baking cocoa
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp baking soda
  • 2 cups chocolate chips

1. In large mixing bowl, cream shortening, brown sugar, water & vanilla. Beat in eggs.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, salt & baking soda in separate bowl.
3. Gradually add to creamed mixture & beat just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips
4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2” apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes; do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
One thing to remember about making cookies that I didn't really think of until a friend informed me is that as long as the cookies are on the baking sheet and its hot, they are still baking and once I really grasped that, I didn't burn my cookies anymore. (Thanks Faun! - The Druid of the Sea)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your opinions, tips and input!