Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cluttered to Gutted to Glory!

I'm so pumped! Would you like to know why I'm pumped?! Sure you do!
Remember in that last post when I was talking about the spare room? Well, that project was kinda farther off in my mind because I had lots of things to get rid of (the bed namely).

Well, the room was so terribly cluttered that I was ashamed to take a before pic. To give you an idea, it contained the following:
  • 2 Dressers
  • 2 Nightstands
  • Full Size Bed
  • Bookshelf
  • Various large items like a huge storage tub, cooler and luggage set. 
  • Multiple storage tubs under bed
  • Lots of seasonal decor
 That's a lot of crap in a little room.

This is what it looks like currently:

Note that the dresser on the left is pulled out from the wall. Also note the blurriness from my joy... or exhaustion from cleaning and cat chasing.

Last weekend gave me a great sense of accomplishment. 

First, my church was taking donations for a yard sale so I gave them a ton of things from the shed. 
Then we moved the bookshelf to the shed to used for storage and organization.
Sunday, we gave one of the dressers and the nightstands to a coworker who just moved. By luck or blessing or SOMETHING her friend who helped move the dresser in heard me mention getting rid of the bed and jumped at the situation to snatch it up for a little girl he knew. So they followed us up, and he relieved me of the beast. The rest of the evening (and Monday and Tuesday) I spent on a cleaning rampage! (Tuesday's cleaning rampage spread to the bathroom which left me all sorts of exhausted, but with a shinier place to poop).

I threw out many garbage bags of stuff that should have been thrown out long ago and packed away the things I could not bear to part with (good thing I made room in that shed, huh? It is an endless cycle). Took down the decor and washed the walls and HEY! It's ready to paint! I look forward to painting it this weekend and getting it all together before the 27th, art, vanity and all.

The only thing missing is the futon I need, but that will have to wait a bit. So if you need somewhere to stay, you need to bring your own sleeping bag.

  Pictures soon I hope!
But first I should have up pics from a Halloween party on Sunday evening. I look forward to putting together the table decor I have planned and hope it looks as good in person as it does on paper. [FYI: This is rarely the case.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your opinions, tips and input!