Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas at Our House - Kinda Blah

We don't have as many decorations for Christmas as we do Halloween. I get a little down in the dumps when I see other people's houses because they really go all out and I saw so many elegant homes this year. We put up our trees and whatnot, but they don't look like everyone else's big bushy beautiful trees.

I guess I just need to try harder. I do put up garland about and a few things here and there. I guess I just can't get into it like I could when I was younger.

I picked up this gingerbread couple awhile back and think they are adorable. They usually sit on our table, but I thought I would make use of my shelves Chris hung.

I always decorate this shelf a bit. I didn't have the hedgehog candles there the whole time, but a friend got them for me and I just had to put them up. But they do match my....

Swag! I had trouble getting a good picture, but the white is actually the snowy look. The mushroom, fox and owl were ornaments from Target and I thought they were adorable, so I felt a swag was in order.


Growing up, we had the greatest tiny village that I played with every Christmas. My wonderful mother-in-law has been helping me build my own by getting me a building every year. I'm running out of room in the current location so I'll have to figure out what to do next year.


I think the best part is that she doesn't pick out pieces all willy nilly. Each one is especially for me (a school for when I was going to be a teacher, pet grooming for the year we got Xerxes, bakery, coffee shop, etc.)


Despite the head shaking of many people, I grabbed my sweater trees on clearance at Target. I don't know why I like them so much. They are silly and a bit ridiculous, but for some reason I like them.

Of course we did more than this, but nothing as amazing as most bloggers. I don't think any of the houses I saw had pets or at least cats because that stuff just wouldn't last here. My trees barely survive, last year our tree didn't so I guess this year we made progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your opinions, tips and input!