Monday, April 29, 2013

Springing into Action



My husband and I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to improve the curb appeal of our property. I had intended to put up pictures of the changes we made earlier, but the weather hasn't been very kind and I'm pretty sure some of the daffodils I planted are goners. So I have decided to let the plants establish themselves and let the weather pull itself together. Then I'll take pictures. Unless everything dies... then I guess I'll have to replant.... ugh.

I had made a long list of all the stuff to do around the house and we've managed to check off a lot of those tasks, like....
  • Extended the flower bed
  • Plant flowers (daffodils, lilies, clematis, azalea, fuschia, other...)
  • Trim flowerbed with bricks for easy mow-over trimming
  • Replace mailbox and decorate with planting area
  • Decorate door and porch with arrangements

There are still many things I want to do, but we are going with the flow... and the weather. Our next major projects are the side porch and the back patio area (which you may remember me referring to as a failure-we're gonna fix that).I also plan to pressure wash the house and paint the shed among other things.

Yesterday we also took care of a plumbing job that needed done. Our bathroom faucet had been leaky and yucky for a long time so we bought a new faucet and replaced it (this was a first time plumbing experience for us). I mostly just handed Chris tools while he crammed himself into the vanity, but at least I was kinda helping! And it doesn't leak anymore! Now we just have to figure out how to get the hot water to get to it faster...

On the non-home repair front:
Since we are finally getting tired of re-watching our handful of DVDs over and over again we have re-activated our Netflix account. I've finally given in to all the pressure and started watching Doctor Who. I've always been curious about it, but I'm not big on Science Fiction. I'm only starting with the newest series (starting with the Ninth Doctor), because I don't want to watch 50(?) years worth of television. I just can't make that investment.


Also we're watching My Little Ponies because it is fantastic.... don't judge us. 
I'm totally Pinkie Pie.
Image Credit Here










No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your opinions, tips and input!