Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Holidays are Here!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!


I hope that everyone has been enjoying the holidays. This is a busy time of year for just about everyone and it is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle.  Last year I just didn't get into the Christmas spirit, but this year we had a nice snow and I really tried to get the decor up and looking nice (at least somewhat nice). 

First things first though, one of my favorite musicians put up a free Christmas song and said we can share it with everyone, so here is a link: A Christmas Theme

Valentin Wiest is brilliant and I love everything he puts out. He has two albums in a series called Fragments of Legends. You should totally grab them because they are fantastic!

Now that I have put in that little plug, here are some pics of my holidays so far!

I got one of the fancy (cheaper) iPhones and now I can take panoramas! CRAZY!

Though the new tree looks better at night. I'm doing it up ROYGBIV style next year!


We also picked out stockings this year. This is the first year Chris and I have done stockings. His outshines mine by, y'know, being a freaking wookiee. 

My Christmas village continues to grow and just down the street (as in, on the entertainment center - as seen in the panorama above) is the village we had when I was growing up that I spent hours playing with, it was a pleasant addition to our home. 

Catzilla terrorizing the people of the village.

I decided to also try my luck with a direct request to the man in red. I asked him to make my mortgage disappear. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!


In other matters, I have been on a motivational kick with the spare room. Remember that room? The one I posted about painting in October of LAST year? It's still not done, but holy crap are we close!! We have a nice big bookshelf that I have loaded up and bought some cute items for the wall after a moment of clarity. We were walking through Hobby Lobby and I saw an aisle of items that were gray and another color (coral, teal and yellow). My brain clicked into place as I realized the yellow and gray would work with the spare room (right? Please tell me that's right)! They were 50% off so we snagged a magnetic board, light switch cover, and a cute glass piece.


I am planning a trip to Ikea (first time on an Ikea adventure! I AM PUMPED!) to grab a table to replace the crummy free, broken desk that is currently taking up space in the room. I'm also grabbing some stool to replace the green seats (since they no longer match), and a side table to put by the futon which will eventually be ours! 
WE. ARE. GETTING. THERE!


Have a great Christmas everyone! Go see your families, tell them you love them, give them hugs and kisses and I hope everyone is blessed beyond your imagining in the next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your opinions, tips and input!