Monday, December 29, 2014

My Mind Palace

Hey! Remember when I said that I was hoping to finish my spare room soon? No? That's because it was like 2 years ago. (Whoops!)


It's still not done completely, but I really love this room. It is my little escape where I go to write or read or simply escape. We jokingly started referring to it as my Mind Palace (Sherlockians will get it) and it has somewhat stuck though I still call it the spare room on most occasions.

I decided that since we never had visitors, there was no need to get a futon as previously planned and got a comfy accent chair instead so I have set up the nice little reading nook for myself.





That's my writing idea jar, because I have a habit of coming up with new ideas before I finish current projects... you'll note there are already papers in there.



Since I had a reading nook here, I figured I should have my books here too so I moved most of them into this room.



I printed off some artwork but there is still some shelf space that needs occupied. I also want to get my writing area more organized, but at least I found a tissue box that even matched (why yes, I am a lunatic. Thanks for asking).





And since every room in our house is pretty small (this one is 11'x10'), I have my make up area here as well. 


There is still a lot I would like to do, but I am so excited to share what I have so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your opinions, tips and input!